FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Runs to 75K / oneworld Emerald
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2021, 11:26 am
tkelvin69

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by anteater
That’s some impressive work, kudos!

There are quite a few professionals here so I will open my question to the general audience (rather than just OP):
For those travelers who are mileage running to obtain 75K / OWE, have you performed a cost benefit analysis of your time and financial cost for the MR against the benefits you plan to leverage with the new status?

I hit 75K organically and don’t plan to leverage OWE often, but it seems that many travelers are eager to do so. I am curious what people’s plans are.
I switched from AA (OW Sapphire) to AS to both make Emerald and for greater RDMs. AA’s revenue based status along with RDMs based upon amount spent (with exceptions) makes it worthwhile. I’ll hopefully be traveling internationally for a couple years starting this fall and think the OWE benefits (check-in, lounge access, overall better treatment, occasional upgrades/better seats + the RDMs to reach 75K) exceed the cost of about $2,500. This is subjective of course such as placing the value of a first class lounge vs the business class.