FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Local lockdowns in the UK
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2021, 5:37 pm
rockflyertalk

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Thankfully I have no presonal experience of this, but many of those I'm working with in the vaccination centre have worked in intensive care units at places like the RVI and other local hospitals. The stories they give, of people in their 40s struggling to breathe hour after hour, are sobering. These patients do so on their own, their partners and children sit at home by the telephone in absolute terror. Do you want to join them? I don't, I have no underlying conditions (OK, a bit chunky) but I've had the vaccine. I am doing my absolute damnest to get you, me and everyone else flying again, as soon as possible. I'm only on here today since we don't have the vaccine supply for me to be working. Those nurses from Intensive Care are vaccinating to stop others from going through the same thing, even if it means they are working 80 hours a week. Now what can you do to help us get through the worse crisis the UK has known since World War II? Four things: get the jab, don't get the disease, plan for the future, and wait serenely a few more months. Is that an unreasonable request? The sooner you wake up to that, the sooner you will get your life back.
A thank you to everyone involved with this crisis in helping us get through it. It really does suck.

But yes a little more patience is definitely going to help us all.

We will then soon be back to chatting (or bickering) about the lack champagne in business/first, the crumbs between the seats and the dreaded bare feet on the furniture!

We will get there. Stay healthy everyone.