FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA.com wont let me be greedy!
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2021, 6:49 am
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LCY8737
Linking bookings (TCP) is simply a text field in the bookings, it doesn't really do anything practical unless you have an agent look at it. Assuming this is two adults and four children, it would probably be a good idea to put one adult and one child in business and the other adult and three children in Y, in the unlikely event of things going wrong at least you won't have to deal with children being without an adult.

Also, don't forget that you can cancel the J tickets up to 24 hours before departure for a £35 fee. Worth keeping an eye on Y availability in case something opens up.
Originally Posted by megaloman
FLY would see them as travelling together and in case of IRROPS they would be re-accommodated together too.
Originally Posted by gcuk
My son TCP'd a booking for his friend so they could sit together in the exit row for the ride up to a golfing holiday in Scotland and they were both upgraded to Club Europe when the flight was full so I agree that TCP is more than just a note in the booking.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
It is just a note in the booking. For anything to happen on the basis that two bookings are TCPd, it needs the note to be noticed. Traditionally, it relied on an agent to notice and act on the note. If some of the automated systems do now notice the note, that's a step forward. We've also had things happen simultaneously to the two of us when our bookings have been TCPd, too, but it was impossible to know whether that was a human or a machine. But either way, I don't think that it would be safe to suggest that people can rely on TCP to secure anything beyond what has been promised.
Experiences of TCP'd bookings differ, which is why I suggested they are "linked" using quotation marks. For all intents and purposes the bookings are connected, but this may depend on manual intervention.