FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Fails to Understand Multiple Names/Name Changes. Flyer cautionary tale
Old Feb 20, 2021, 5:52 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by DoubleWidesFly
Alaska airlines is joining Oneworld. How are they going to deal with the influx of interline tickets. Passengers from Asia who sometimes have 5 or 6 names. I lived in China, multiple names were common. It's as if Alaska Airlines doesn't understand the world or anything that isn't Seattle White.
AS deals with plenty of interline tickets already. But your problem isn't "multiple last names". Your problem is "name listed on US green card or global entry card doesn't match name listed on passport, and AS insists on having the passport name be listed in the passenger record, which screws up Global Entry and CBP because it doesn't match green card or GE". Not to say that's not a problem with AS, but how common is "my documentation I use for various IDs isn't consistent in how my name is spelled"?

Personally if AA, DL, etc. are fine for traveling and this is causing you grief I'd walk away.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Feb 21, 2021 at 10:16 am