FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - J award with infant, Swiss vs Etihad
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2021, 1:55 pm
JPG3392

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by seshrama2
Hi, First time travelling with my wife and our 18 month old daughter.in J from JFK or IAD to Asia. Have two options

1. Use LifeMiles on SWISS out of JFK. Two legs, both operated by A330. Confirmed with Swiss that they will be able to issue an infant ticket on LifeMiles ticket for cash
2. Use AAdvantage miles on Etihad out of JFK or IAD. Two legs, first operated by 787 and second by 777. Confirmed with Etihad that infant ticket can be issued AA Award

Both don't offer bassinets for 18 month old. So have to use car seat or use one of our seats. Have flown Etihad many times, never flown SWISS.
Etihad seems to be a better option due the honeymoon seats in J but they don't become double bed.. Flying nannies are a plus too. However, never flown SWISS and read some great reviews about them, so would love to try it.

Any recommendations/experiences on either one with toddlers? Any pros / cons I need to be aware of?
I have no experience with Etihad, but have been very satisfied with the service on Swiss and find the Zurich airport very convenient for making connections.