FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Mainland-Hawaii Lie-Flats
View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2021, 6:45 pm
dkc192

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bomberman92
Is there a set cadence as to when equipment swaps occur (i.e max14 days before departure)?

I'm seeing SFO-OGG 777 flights in March that have the new Polaris product vs. April with the previous 777 2-4-2 configs. I'm curious if March was an equipment swap (which would mean that April could potentially get swapped to these planes as well).
April is still on a placeholder schedule, so I would largely disregard aircraft type in April for now, and wait until they load the real schedule sometime in late February/early March to book if you care about equipment type. While closer-in and last-minute swaps can still occur after the real schedule is loaded, the odds of that happening are somewhat lower than a swap from the placeholder to the real schedule, which is almost guaranteed.

FWIW, SFO-OGG has had three daily flights since about Thanksgiving, and the 11am ex-SFO and 10am ex-OGG have been on a Polaris 777 for the months of December, February, and March. January was 3x 738. If I had to make an educated guess, I would not expect the Polaris 777 to continue past March, as post-spring break is traditionally a low season for Hawaii tourism, and the large J (or Y) cabin will not be needed.