FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2021)
Old Feb 17, 2021, 9:38 am
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
Flew this past week on both Horizon and Skywest and was in first on both segments. Pre-order was available (cheese plate or turkey sandwich) and delivered during the flight. The first class section was full on both segments, something that I have noticed for awhile. I ordered my usual IPA and it was delivered to me pre-poured in a plastic cup, not just a can. As I recall, the reason for reducing service to just beer, wine, coffee, soft drinks was to reduce contact with FA and passengers and served in receptacles (cans) to reduce possible contamination. So if we are back to full first seating, and drinks are being served poured, then why has not full service (liquor) been restored at least to first? It is a first world problem but just an observation.
Just because a particular FA isn't following the service standard (i.e., giving the passenger a sealed can and a plastic cup) does not mean it doesn't remain as the service standard for the rationale set forth.