FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines
Old Feb 17, 2021, 8:28 am
zanderblue

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi folks, looking to tap into knowledge pool on this one, particularly anyone who has an understanding of application process for UK citizen.

This relates to my wife’s application for GE. We both applied on same day in October 2019, my conditional approval came through okay around 8 months later.
Around a couple of months after her application she was notified of a change of status, when she checked it online she found out her profile personal details had been overwritten by someone else completely different. Details of this other person were very similar, dob was identical, first and middle names were the same and family name was very, very similar. However, address and nationality were different. (The other person was US citizen)
We were in the US at the time so my wife did approach CBP at local airport office, but they couldn’t help and suggest she raise a case online, which she did. The help desk eventually got back to her late January 2020 and advised all resolved and she was back in line awaiting conditional approval. Her online profile was back as it was on original application and all looked good.
Fast forward to now and no progress on her application, so she emailed CBP using “ask a question” page online. She got an email reply in a matter of hours advising that her “application had been processed by US and is currently waiting on home country to submit information to CBP”,........”please reach out to your government customs or immigration body and make sure they enter information into the system.......”
We are not really sure where to go with this now?? She originally had her security check done and submitted the code provided by the UK security authorities on her application. We are not aware of any further requirement for us to get involved?? I do believe some other nationalities need to have their security data input by home country, India is one I think, but didn’t think that this was a requirement for UK citizens??
Is there anyone who has on insight as to how the process works able to suggest what may have gone wrong here or any suggestions on how best to rectify?
thank in advance