FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetBlue Drops Change Fees Permanently; No New Perks for Mosaic
Old Feb 17, 2021, 12:39 am
m907

Originally Posted by RememberTheConcord
I want to clarify this point because it comes up a lot:

It's not that I care about what someone else does or does not get; I couldn't care less if everyone on my flight gets various benefits. The reason I come here to discuss this is to not complain about others, but to think about the incentive structure. It's not about what others get; it's about what I can get and what I have to do to get it.

Previously, there was a large incentive to qualify for Mosaic status, as it got you waived change fees, something rare in the industry. Now, I can get that without any elite status, on JetBlue as well as on other airlines.

This makes me wonder if it's worth it to do any extra effort to qualify for Mosaic status? It also makes me wonder what the future of Mosaic status is if JetBlue does not seem to desire to want to incentivize their flyers to become Mosaic.

Furthermore, I learned something from this thread already that does change my calculus: the only way to get access to free "same day switch" waivers is to be JetBlue Mosaic! It looks like this policy also matches United and American's policy, so I can't just gain this benefit by flying with another carrier, either. Most of my savings as a Mosaic with change fee waivers came from same day changes anyway, so that is a big tip to the "I will still re-qualify" column.
This is just high spenders getting butthurt about not feeling special anymore. You should be glad because now you don't have to put in the extra effort to get the benefits.