FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Mileage Accrual | Bought on DL but flew on KE metal
Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:33 pm
mfong

Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler
Originally Posted by xliioper
DL does not have a fee waiver policy if you are up-faring to the same class of service. Fee waiver only applies when up-faring to a higher class of service. I suspect in many cases upfaring to a discount F/J fare would be cheaper than to a B.
So the reason why I do a B fare is so I can get the bonus MQM. Even though for my situation now, I’m more interested in MQD however it doesn’t hurt to keep piling on the MQMs.

Originally Posted by exwannabe
FWIW, I used to often have a headache with DL miles on MU metal (never on KE, but I never upgraded as you did).

What worked for me at the end of day was to relax, use the automated mile request system,wait for it to reject me a week later, then call in.
Thank you for your kind comment. I will relax, I’m so use to seeing it clear within hours of my flight ending so you’re right I was freaking out. I always think worst case scenario where I won’t get any credit, however I need to relax like you said and use their system to get credit.