FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand
Old Feb 15, 2021, 6:59 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Thanks all for the well wishes. Honestly, was pretty gutted on Saturday morning. Doing better now.

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I am sorry to hear this bad news. Was this delay UA CVG-EWR due to winter weather conditions on the east coast, I wonder? The entire ASQ process is fraught with opportunities for things to go wrong, all requiring considerable additional expense.
I don't believe it was weather related. Saturday wasn't a particularly bad weather day in the system.
Delay was attributed to not having a crew, so could have been weather, or crew sickness, or other. No way to know.

Originally Posted by BinSabai
I feel sorry for you!
I heard embassies are very fast to issue new COE (therefore final delay might be only few days) and maybe UA could reimburse you for the additional test and ftf?
I am still waiting to hear back from the embassy. Today is public holiday (President's Day) so they are closed again today. Hopefully will hear tomorrow.
I am planning to try again this Saturday, assuming I can get the COE revised in time.

1K desk told me to write in for compensation, but I don't put much faith in the result. Will send something off today.

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Unfortunately I think that would be very unlikely.
Agreed. Might throw some miles or an e-cert my way. No idea how stingy they have become in the COVID era.
But for sure will not come close to compensating for costs I am incurring.