FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Systematic price drop inside T-24 hours
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2021, 8:02 pm
synergistic

Originally Posted by carlitos
That is what happens when you become geedy, you end up racking billions, until a pandemic hits and you are force to take it back. Sad they did.

"Southwest allows changes for free, but never allowed standby travel where the legacies did"

Also, I am able to stand by for free (untilt end of 2020, now some minor taxes) on WN as an A-List ... so basically, you can if there are more than one flight each day on your route. I know, as a 1K, I can also do that, but only when flying solo, as I always book my companion on WN !!!
What is your recent experience with using standby as an A-List with companion? I had thought the most recent reports were that you have to pay the fare difference for the primary traveler, but your experience sounds like just some extra taxes?

I'm not sure how, but in my experience I've always been trying to get onto a wide open flight, and it was easy and free - we usually even got our boarding passes immediately. I was pretty bummed to hear that date differences will apply in the future...