FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott North, Houston, TX [Master Thread]
Old Feb 14, 2021, 4:11 pm
RobOnLI
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I just spent a night there given some flight issues I had. United put me up in this place.

Everything is closed because of Covid. I don't even know how many floors are open but I know the 12th (top) is closed. I stayed on the 11th.

Check-in agent, while efficient, was rude. Wasn't interested in chatting so I couldn't get that much info out of her. There appears to be a "bar" behind check-in. By "bar" I mean they have a mini fridge of beers and some empty shelves that by the looks of them would store wine and pre-packaged V&T's, G&T's, etc. However, they were empty. The agent said she had no idea when they'd be stocked again.

She also refused to take my Bonvoy number reminding me that airline stays don't earn points. I know that but I thought my status might get me either a nicer room or a bottle of water or free internet. Then I realized she never took my ID or C/C upon check-in so I just charged enhanced internet to the room and I have no idea if the airline gets stuck for that or not.

The room I was in looked nothing like the original pics. There is no carpeting in the rooms. The rooms themselves are cheap and flimsy just like every other run-down, old Marriott. I give this property a 2 out of 10.

Because of Covid everything is shut. No lounge, no lobby restaurant or Starbucks, etc. And I was told the only food within walking distance is a Whataburger and Taco Bell but not to walk there after dark. Remember, this is Greenspoint. Unless you have a specific reason to be in that 'hood I'd avoid it. The rates are good but you can do the same or better a little further away from the airport.

Yes, there's a shuttle. It only runs 6a-11a and 6p-11p. If you arrive 11a-6p you have to take an Uber which is what I did yesterday.

If you have specific questions feel free to DM.

-RM