FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to spending Avios | 2021 edition
Old Feb 9, 2021, 4:11 am
PETER01
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by njoboyle
Long time lurker, first time poster. Y'all have been a wealth of knowledge for me on all things BAEC.

I am flying DCA-MIA-LHR and return in a few weeks to get Gold. I am CW on the LHR-MIA return flight. I saw on BA.com and Seat Spy that there was a F upgrade available. However, when I called the service center, they indicated that there was no availability. Any help or guidance would be helpful on this.
Originally Posted by njoboyle
Thank you for your help on this; I am happy to provide more information. I tried to UuA online when I saw that there was availability. The website indicated that I could not do this online, so I called. The agent indicated that I could not upgraded at this time. I called back two other times (two different days) with the same results. Please let me know If there is any information that I can provide.
Did the agents tell you specifically why you were unable to upgrade several times? There must be a good reason why you can't upgrade and it could be one of a few things. Even more information would be helpful such as was it a BA issued ticket? (your ticket number would then start with 125-XXXXXXX) There is more info here which might explain things.

FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to spending Avios | 2021 edition

Important:
UuAs can only be applied to tickets issued on 125 stock. In other words tickets issued by BA or BA registered travel agents with ticket numbers beginning 125. Tickets sold by Iberia and American Airlines are issued on different numbered stock and cannot be upgraded using Avios.

Finally, welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board njoboyle.