FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2021, 1:37 am
babyg_wc

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
We talked to several managers, they are aware, that renovations of the watervillas are overdue, at the moment only 2 are renovated (1 standard and 1 superior). Due to Covid, they didnīt get the material, the workers to start the renovations, same with the renovations at atoll market, they started renovations, but had to stop, as they are still waiting for material, appliences...
I cannot say, that management did nothing regarding our complaints, we could move room, order off menu items...
Sparkling wine is now offered at half price during breakfast (10$++ instead of 20$), because of earla departure, we could use the Conrad seaplane lounge (free of charge)
Rakesh, the indian somelier left (or had to leave) during lockdown.
Previous to your post i had enquired about using the congrad lounge for departure (they want us to fly between 3 and 4pm) for the 8pm flight and i didnt fancy the 4+ hour wait in male airport, they flatly refused and shared the cost of the lounge for departure use (which is something sill like $85++.) which i found annoying, and I'm not even there yet.

Good you got a few things fixed - but lets be honest, rooms shouldn't be like that and breakfast should be a joy at a resort like this. Given the prestige this property used to exude it feels like a bit of a death spiral for the conrad at the moment with all of those niggly things, and charging for sparking wine at breakfast (along with the average food offers) just feels cheap. I'm seriously re-considering at finding a point later in the year when they have done the renovations, being able to get staff or perhaps just head for the WA....

Be interested to hear the perspective of somebody who has been there more recently... have things improved?