FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Feb 5, 2021, 12:39 pm
RAD_PDX

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
I called AS Reservations, and the Agent said she's had multiple callers report the issue today and gave me the number for TSA Customer Service.

I was told it looks like an issue of my being registered with TSA with my middle name included, but it not being stored with the airline. I've gone ahead to add it to the AS side. I'll give it a while to trickle through the systems and report back on whether that did the trick in time. Return flight is 8 days later, so I'll see how that one goes too.

Unrelated: Believe it or not, TSA Customer Service had the perkiest, friendliest agents I have spoken with in years. Personable and conversational, and the second lady I talked to (had to get routed to PreCheck agents) called me "Hon'" 3x, "Honey" 1x, and "Sir" 1x. Today, OK with me. Even their hold music was relaxing and therapeutic.

If I ever need a pick-me-up or self affirmation thing, I may call them back. 1-866-289-9673. If I knew what the heck 'clearing one's chakras' means, I'd suspect this had a similar effect.
Very strange, but thanks for letting us know.