FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Award tkt change/cancellation/redeposit/fees Q&As {Archive}
Old Feb 2, 2021, 8:08 pm
Mr. S

Originally Posted by JetAway
Same here. Did a couple of no fee redeposits. So it appears to be fixed (until it isn't again).
I'm in the same boat.....speculatively booked Europe award travel for summer because I was assured there were no redeposit fees if I canceled 30+ days in advance.

When I called/texted today, two different agents told me there was a $125 redeposit fee since my travel was after March 31st.

Interestingly, when I looked at the cancel option on the website it gave me the option to "refund to original form of payment" with the following terms:

"Select this option to refund the value of this ticket (less any applicable cancellation fees) to the original form of payment. Though there may be an active travel waiver which waives change fees, it doesn't waive cancellation fees. If cancellation fees apply, you may be eligible for a full refund if your flights have been severely adjusted or service to your destination has been suspended. Visit the Refunds page to submit your refund request."

Then it showed me how much would be refunded to my original form of payment and the number of miles that would be redeposited - with no mention of a $125 cancelation fee.

Would I be safe to pull the trigger?