FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROPS interlining and group travel
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:47 pm
st3

Programs: United MP
IRROPS interlining and group travel

I am part of a non-profit ski club that in a normal (non COVID) year does 15-20 trips a season. For the airline selection the lowest cost option is usually selected which for larger airports like DEN is often Southwest. Within the past few years a number of issues have cropped up and I am going to make a formal recommendation to remove WN from the vendor list, but I want to ensure my statements are correct before I do.

With IROPS and interlining what level of obligation does UA (or any of the legacies for that matter) have for interlining, especially with a group? If we are flying out of an outstation like HDN and the flight is cancelled (not weather), would they put everyone on another carrier? I know that group travel policies can differ from what an individual traveler is entitled to.

I’ve done a little research on here and on the Googlebox and didn’t come away with much. I want to make sure I am crossing my t’s and dotting my i’s if I make any definitive statements.

MODS: Please feel free to move to another forum if needed, none popped out to me as being better suited than here.