FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA award / reroute due to partner itinerary changes?
Old Jan 28, 2021, 1:55 pm
JPG3392

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by NickRivas
I looked that up, if that were the only thing I'd be fine...but sadly AA messes with the miles thing. All the other itineraries mentioned with miles are 62.5k....but the MEX-DFW-FRA is 81.5k-85.5k depending on the day. I guess because both flights are with AA, they can mess and charge more for the miles instead of the set award chart amount. So being charged around 20k more miles for a J ticket to FRA then having to check my luggage and back in for the separate OS flight doesn't seem worth it...however, this option might be the "best fo the worst" if all goes wrong and they try to reroute me with crazy overnight layovers in LHR or MAD. In that case I'll just take this since it'll be more worth the 20k extra miles and separate flight versus a crazy 30-40 hour itinerary.
I'm not sure what flights are currently operating, but AA normally offers flights to MUC from DFW and CLT. At the Munich airport you can take the S-Bahn to the Ostbahnhof (Munich East train station) and change there to a train to Vienna. You can buy one ticket at the airport train station to cover the entire trip. Prices vary, and some options may require a change of trains at Salzburg.