FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA estore
Thread: BA estore
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2021, 2:58 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by aahjnnot
Most retailers pay net of VAT but a few pay inclusive of VAT. I have had one example of VAT being clawed back over multiple transactions when the retailer realised that too much had been paid - rather annoying but fair enough. If you get an award on the gross figure, consider yourself lucky but brace yourself for an adjustment.

I have never used Mr Porter, but I have found other businesses in the Net-a-Porter group to be extremely fair, accurate and prompt with awards. I have had one clawback when I attempted to stack the eStore with and American Express cash back which, again, was fair enough and in accordance with the T&Cs. The current offer says, "You will earn a lower reward on purchases that include luxury watches, sale items and selected sneakers." - I doubt if £40 would cover a luxury watch but maybe it was a sale item?
Yeh I see, that's fair enough. And it was a sale item that I purchased - a journal that was half off. Thanks for that, I wasn't sure and I just wanted clarification.