FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Options for a cancelled BOGO
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2021, 4:21 am
olouie

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
It is frustrating, for sure, but AS doesn't have any control over jurisdictional implementation of COVID-19 measures. SFO is basically in lock-down and anybody coming in from outside SFO is required to quarentine for 10 days. If you fly into SFO and have an overnight layover you are exempt from quarentine if you stay at an airport hotel. SFO is a ghost town. There are not many inbound with the 10 quarentine requirement and not many leaving because they will be required to quarentine when they return.

I flew through SFO last week. My SFO-PHX flight was cancelled and replaced with SFO-PDX-PHX. The flight load on SFO-PDX on an E175 was 15 people, (19.74%) 8 in F, 7 in Main for a 12:10 pm departure.

In California, somebody contracts COVID-19 every six seconds.

James
Its more Alaska than covid causing this. United, Southwest, and American have not have the same massive impacts as AS from SFO lately. They changed schedules in 2020 but things have been better lately. The quarantine “requirement” is only for SF and Santa Clara counties and a recommendation elsewhere. Plus it’s not enforced at all. Not saying that one should travel but we need to be factual here.

What really shocks me is the lack of any flexibility from Alaska. When United and American are more flexible than Alaska and providing better customer service you know something is majorly wrong.