FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Jan 19, 2021, 8:58 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by jah718
Hi all,

I am currently a QR Gold, my status was renewed in July 2020. I got the email from QR saying they did it as a goodwill gesture, even though I already had enough Q points to renew anyway.

Fast forward to now, obviously I haven't travelled at all since my status was renewed and now my status will expire in July 2021. Do you think there is any chance they will extend it again for free? I would imagine there are a very significant number of people that are in the same boat as me.
If an extension would come, it would most likely come in the upcoming weeks.
If I'm not wrong QR pressed the extension button in late March 2020 and the first member that would be losing his status would be losing in late March 2021.
QR still has about little more than 2 months to make a decision and probably they would wait a little further to see how the vaccine distribution is going around the world, if case numbers are decreasing with the vaccine, if more countries would re-open their borders, etc...

By the way, as a status matcher, I would be meeting my 300 Qpoints reduced threshold for Platinum in my 8th month after being approved for the match so I am already secured until June 2022.