FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 Flight cancellations, rebooking, and refunds | Help and advice thread
Old Jan 19, 2021, 12:40 pm
oxtailsoup

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by Confus
“Only” 3 payment sources... welcome to the difference between FT and the real world
By ‘simple’, really what is meant is paid direct with BA with a card, no changes, no reissues, no vouchers. This is what 95%+ of people will have. It’s not impossible that you’d get an e-voucher, but I’d be surprised, at least currently as the development is still underway. Really you’d be advised to call first to split the booking into multiple PNRs. It’s a simple thing to do, and you’ll then be able to do what you want with respect to each passenger. You won’t lose any ‘value’, but won’t lock yourself in to having to travel with only the same people.
Thanks Confus. However I didn’t explain myself properly (not unusual for me ). What I mean is that if the flights have a deemed value of say £5000 and there are four passengers, I want to be able to use the full £5000 myself for how I see fit... I.e. a holiday away for myself and the wife next year perhaps. What I’m trying to avoid is a situation where BA split the future vouchers up as £1250 per passenger, after all I paid for the flights myself. Sounds selfish but do you see what I mean?

Thanks!