FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waived AA Change Fees for Amex Card members booking F80O fare via AMEX
Old Jan 19, 2021, 12:27 am
econ

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by donotblink
The F80Q fares appear to still be available, despite the fact that it's after December 31. The official program language has not been updated.
I noticed the change in dates on the AmEx Travel website when I was doing some searches earlier this month, and it looks like they can also be found here.

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-u...ower-airfares/

Originally Posted by Colin
Don't see any benefit with these F80O fares these days due to the same flexibility now being offered on all AA "I" fares. It helps crystalize a decision to cancel AMEX Biz Plat, which I was keeping purely as a way to painlessly self-service book cheap & flexible cheap business fares. Only saving ~10% is not worth the hassle factor of being forced to deal with Expedia for changes.
It's been more like only 5-6% for some of the routes that I've been checking. However, there were reports in another thread that if one does need to make a change, you can just cancel on the AA website and re-book directly through AA. I have not attempted this myself. Although if it does work, one wouldn't get the AmEx discount on the new itinerary.

From Sept 1 – Mar 31, 2021, Amex Platinum Card Members can access lower fares

Last edited by econ; Jan 19, 2021 at 12:35 am