FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changing 50% Avios Flights
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2021, 4:44 pm
Swadbus

Programs: BAEC: Gold Guest List
Originally Posted by KARFA
When did you apply the GUF exactly? Did they say anything when you called to apply?

My own thoughts would be any change to these bookings beyond the end of the promotion booking window, including GUFs or UuA, does lead to a recalculation of taxes/fees/charges and avios. So I would have expected extra avios to be charged if you apply a GUF now. However, if you manage to get it credited back that would be a good result.
I asked the Twitter team to apply the GUF2 to the booking on 28/10 (just after the 50% sale ended as seat availability opened up for my existing dates in First) - they did this no problem and sent it off to be processed.

07/11 BA then took the extra 68,750 Avios. I have made contact several times via DM on Twitter but any Avios refund correction hasn’t appeared or “we have taken it correctly and our Twitter team and YouFirst are mistaken” hasn’t been forthcoming either, I’m kinda just sitting waiting in limbo - fully aware that the phone lines are still very busy for people with greater needs than mine.

I have DM’d Twitter multiple times, and called YouFirst once as well - who gave the same answer of we have sent it off to be fixed but it’s still not been dealt with.

Interestingly, the Twitter team didn’t tell me that the Avios amount would be recalculated for the booking as a result of the GUF2 being applied and that there would be an additional Avios liability - which would have been a reasonable thing to point out to me - but perhaps my error for not asking.

Fingers crossed for that Avios refund then! - I get that there are other people way ahead of me in line though. Perhaps 2.5 months of waiting is me not being patient enough?