FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Jan 16, 2021, 7:39 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieFlyerAUT
Hey Guys! A friend who is (very) savvy with flights, fares & co pointed me to this forum for help since he couldn't help me out with this - somewhat tricky - question:- I have a round trip ticket with VIA-DOH-CGK in Economy V (fare VLR7R1SX) and return CGK-DOH-VIE on March 15 in Economy O (fare OJATOMRX)

- I want to change your return date to March 31.

- As of right now, QR is showing availability in O class on a round trip ticket on the return leg (fare OJR7PURX)

- The O return fare is priced at EUR 104.

- I'm wondering why online they are trying to charge you EUR 266 for the flight change (that's the minimum price I see available for any flight), even though the return fare is only EUR 104 (and likely covered by your original ticket), and they also promised to waive change fees.

Hope someone can help, thanks!

Best regards from Bali
Hi ​​​NewbieFlyerAUT ,

Unfortunately, the change fee should be waived manually so you would need to call in, and then you could change your flights without any change fee
If you would like the online convenience, the change fee would be not waived and you would need to pay the amount indicated on the website.