FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Asia Pacific - Restaurants + Bar Benefits
Old Jan 14, 2021, 7:42 pm
SHLTP

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I never eat at hotels usually as prices tend to be almost double the outside prices. With the usual 20% off it still doesn’t change my behaviour and at 30% I did it a few times but only to obtain a voucher to get 50% off my room rate. The only good thing about Accor was Advantage Plus and their 50% off for 2 diners. I heard Marriott had something similar before?
Between the 30% off and points earning, I find eating in hotels not too expensive. Moreover, the food quality is better. It's not so much an issue now but was in China previously. Since hotels often use food to upsell other stuff their prices often cheap w promos - JW Marriott SH Chinese lunch buffet is positively cheap.

Service good too. I've found they're often willing to make off menu items for me and cheap.

Anyway I have a dinner party this weekend at a Hyatt to get the 3X points. I was deciding between that and JW or STR.

I do wonder if my fairly large SPG and Hyatt spend during non - stays is flagged which is why I have always been treated exceptionally well all over Asia until Marriott took over