FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyTeam Awards
Thread: SkyTeam Awards
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2004, 5:43 pm
PhilC

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by thesaints
then I have another question for all of you experts.
My experience with award tickets, up to now, has been that I call that skymiles phone number and then, if I want to travel on DL, I talk to somebody, and if I want AF I have to talk to somebody else. In fact, it has even happened that when there was no availability on DL and I asked "what about AF", the reply was "I have to transfer you to AF reservations".
That, I guess, means the person I was talking to had no way to check availability on AF.

So, how do you do this trick of booking on different airlines ? I wouldn't like to run the risk of booking half of the trip only to find a phone call later that the other half is not available.

Thank you so much for all the past replies and the future ones.

PS I'm surely casting my vote for Dovster. I know for a fact that every person on a plane is a believer at heart: just have one of the engines fail and you'll see.
You need to choose the partner award option when calling. The agents at the partner award desk can look up availability on DL or any partner carrier and they (most of them anyway) are the most knowledgeable when it comes to more complex itineraries.