Old Jan 13, 21, 4:22 pm
jfkeze

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by creditcardmarauder View Post
Anyone else considering doing a ton of RTs from FLL to LAX (currently pricing out at $60 OW or $113.20 RT)? Looks like you have to book a week in advance, and the fare is available 7 days a week from January 2021 until May 1st, and still has really good availability in May, June, July, and the first half of August. To get the best deal, you'll want to book them as RTs from FLL. A few days ago it appeared to me that AS wouldn't let you book same-day RTs out of FLL and that you had to book the OW segments separately to piece-together the RT routing yourself, but as of today, Alaska's website is letting you book RTs ex-FLL *and* the RT price dropped from $119.80 to $113.20!

2,337 miles OW, 4,674 miles RT. You get a 50% EQM bonus on all AS flights until the end of June 2021, which makes this a great deal for a mileage/status run at 2.4 cents per RDM or 1.6 cents per EQM. You can go from no status to MVP Gold 75K with 11 RTs, which is $1,245.20, and Costco is currently selling AS gift cards for 10%-off, which would reduce your cost to 1,145.18 if you buy two $500 AS gift cards from Costco to use to buy your mileage run fares. I believe this fare is valid until approximately January 25th, 2021, so book soon if you want to do this MR!

The only reason I haven't booked this myself yet is that I'm based in LAS/LAX, and because the daily RTs go from from FLL->LAX->FLL everyday, I don't have a good place to stay (or a car!) in FLL, which changes my calculus significantly. I wouldn't want to have to pay for a hotel every night near FLL for 11 days straight just to do a silly mileage run. That sounds like a week and a half of hell! But if I was based in South Florida, that would change my outlook on this significantly.
Thanks for sharing, might be worth researching... That's basically oneworld Emerald later this year with a potential drop to Sapphire. I think Alaska does soft drops, right?