FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When will healthy adults get COVID vaccine?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:07 am
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by runnerwallah
I am surprised that the elderly were prioritized over the younger, active working population in the US. Perhaps it shows where the true political capital lies (but that is a discussion for bad OMNI!)

I suspect that if vaccination continues at a slow rate AND the economy sputters further, most companies will offer vaccinations on-site and shoulder any costs. They will rationalize those costs as being worth it. Prior companies already did it for the flu vaccines.

Maybe restaurants will even give vaccination discounts to customers who got their shots.

I'm still taking the over.
The elderly have worse outcomes from COVID-19 and end up putting a larger burden on healthcare resources.

Immunization roll out in my community has been terrible. No coordination or easy to obtain information. Not even sure what the status of vaccine supplies are being made available. No evidence but suspect the privileged are being accommodated before the general public.