View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 21, 12:27 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Klrduks View Post
I did a search on this board but could not find what I was looking for. I hope this is not a stupid question as I am new to how OneWorld works.

I am planning to book a BA business class ticket with Alaska Airlines through their booking site. Once it is booked, I will go to BA to select my seats. I know I would normally have to pay for the seats at time of booking because I am only a BA Bronze. However, I am a OneWorld Sapphire as a American Airlines Million Miler. (Lifetime Gold) I see that OneWorld Sapphires can book seats at time of booking for free on the BA site. How does the BA site know I am a OneWorld Sapphire? Would I have to put in my American Airlines FF number in the reservation on the BA site? (I can't do this on the Alaska side.) Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
Many threads on BA seating including -- BA Seating Policy Guide
Who can choose their seat free of charge up to 7 days before departure?
  • Bronze Executive Club card holders and oneworld Ruby equivalents
AA Gold is OW Ruby. AA Plat is OW Sapphire. https://www.oneworld.com/travel-benefits#benefits
For seat selection for free need to put in your AA ffn (status) in the BA reservation. If initially booked with AS ff miles that may be more difficult.
When AS joins Oneworld on 31 March 2021 would expect AS MVP Gold (OW Sapphire) & MVP Gold 75K (OW emerald) to have the same seating privileges as other OW ffp's
When is the flight?

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 12, 21 at 12:40 pm