FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Speculation] Discussion the New MVP Gold 100K Tier (2022)
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:50 pm
chrisl137
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xrayman
100K AS tin and 125 with partner miles?

I would say 75K on only AS tin is a more valuable relationship for AS than 100K with majority on partner carrier tin.

Been 75K for Many consecutive years now and 100K not typically a problem in non pandemic times. But if 100K=100k regardless of partner carrier than can reduce #of trips domestic a d do 3-4 international a year in place.
That's why UA switching to revenue based didn't bother me, though I ultimately have moved all my personal and much of my business travel off UA.

Most of my business travel is domestic transcon Y (a Y cabin only policy) booked less than a week out. I had multiple years where my EQD was enough for Plat, but my EQM would fall between Silver and Gold, so my only benefit was competing for a few E+ seats if I was on top of things as the single 1K got an upgrade to F. On the bright side, I had a very good record of getting exit row aisles with the only empty seat on the plane the middle next to me on tickets purchased less than a week out.

If AS starts handing out upgrade priority to people doing a few transpacs (often at very low cpm), they pretty much become like UA was and there's not a lot of value to the FF program for domestic flyers, whether up and down the west coast or transcon. If they give AA elites priority over AS flyers, they'd start looking like WN for anybody who isn't doing transpacs, whether as a mileage run or for some work/leisure purpose.