FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 policy
Thread: Covid-19 policy
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:48 pm
boxo

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I'm trying to figure out a friend's options for Inauguration week in DC, a non-refundable award stay. Reading the COVID policy, I can't figure out what Hyatt means by "different". Different to what? Bolded below.

Whew, thankfully, I had no problem cancelling my non-refundable IHG Kimpton award.

New reservations booked July 1, 2020 or beyond

With some very limited exceptions, reservations booked on July 1, 2020 or beyond – for arrival dates through July 31, 2021 – can be cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.

Reservations made after April 1, 2020 at select Destination properties or under Special Event Rates, after June 3, 2020 at Hyatt Residence Club properties, and any other reservations made after June 30, 2020 that disclose a different cancellation or refund policy at the time of booking are excluded from this policy and subject to the cancellation or refund policy disclosed at the time of booking. Please visit the Change and Cancellation Fee Waiver Exceptions for a list of excluded Destination and Hyatt Residence Club properties.

Hotels may adjust this cancellation policy during some high-demand periods (e.g., holidays or special events). When making reservations, guests are always encouraged to review the rate rules, which show the current cancellation and deposit policies for all properties and rates, to ensure they understand the cancellation and/or deposit rules for each reservation...