FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:31 am
seacarl

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by comptalk
Seriously wonder why you guys are itching to give away 10k+ to Amex for this card. I refused it when it was offered to me a few years ago due to the obscene initiation fees. I mean, if you have nothing better to do with the money, go for it, but it's such a waste of money. I do find the JPM Reserve worth the money, but I've yet to see how Centurion is worth 10k+ in fees.
I just cancelled my Centurion Card. At the time I got it, there was no initiation fee, so I didn't have that sunk cost. But the fee increase from $2500 to $5000, and the fact that many of the benefits are better on the normal Platinum card, it never made sense. I don't want to have to track $250 per quarter to Saks. There is no Equinox where I live and who wants to go into gyms during Covid. Hertz no longer offers Platinum service. DL Platinum is close to useless. I can get Hilton Diamond (if I want it) way cheaper. The Platinum card has some great sign up bonuses, gives you 5x on airfare spend, still has $200 airline fee credit.

Most of the Fine hotel benefits can be had by using Virtuoso agent or Hyatt Prive.

As far as I can tell the only people for whom the Centurion Card makes sense is those who think that they can get $5000 of value from bragging to others that they have the Black card.