FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amanresorts thread -- 2021/2022
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2021, 6:38 pm
BESVISOR
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by uclabruin82
I think the direction of this thread seemingly has more to do with destination that Aman specifically. Visiting Angkor with spare crowds a-la 1992 would be great at any nice hotel. Of course staying at Amansara may make that better (have not been myself), but it is the destination that is overrun. Other than New Years at Amanwella two years ago, I have never felt that I suffered because of the crowds at Aman specifically. In fact, a decent share of the reason we stay at Amans is because we know it will be quite calm at the resort relative to other offerings (think Amandari vs FS Sayan).

So while Angkor and Venice would both be high on my list if I could personnaly visit now, it would be to see those destinations without tourists moreso than the specific hotel.

I will also say, that having just come from Marrakech / Amanjena, I somewhat missed the crowds. Amanjena was lovely (at 70% capacity), but the Medina was not the same
How was your stay at Jena? I'm sure you ran into Astrid there ... It's almost like you got to partially visit Sara. lol.

Last edited by BESVISOR; Jan 7, 2021 at 8:10 pm