FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United ditches cocktail picks - to save $80,000 per year
Old Jan 7, 2021, 3:40 am
fezzington

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Pre-Covid, citruses were boarded cut and placed into a blue economy plastic cup.

Procedure was supposed to be to spear it out of the cup without using one’s hands. I don’t know how many of you have ever tried spearing something with the new wooden sticks but I think it’s safe to say more than one FA used their hands.

without a stick, unless there’s a packing change, you can expect the FA to use their hands. Up to the individual whether or not they trust such hands are clean.

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Except their hands have touched the rim of the glass and the lemon has probably been touched by plenty of people in the process of being cut and put in the plane.
Glasses are loaded into the glass racks upside down, so I can honestly say in the 4 years I spent in the air, my hands never touched the rim of a passenger glass.

Blue plastic cups are a different story.

The citruses were cut and placed into a container and shut by one person (who wears gloves, iirc) and retrieved by the FAs. Max two people.