FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation for lounge closure?
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2021, 8:31 am
CIT85

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm new to being a Globalist. Due to COVID, the Hyatt that I'm currently staying at have closed their lounge. They are providing me with a breakfast through Starbucks. With Marriott, I get a welcome gift at check-in. Does Hyatt offer a welcome gift at check-in and compensation for the lounge closure?
Ask front desk for alternative to Lounge closure. They can always say no. At the HRs that had Club Lounges, during COVID I would ask front desk if they offered something in lieu of evening appetizers at the Lounge. HR SFO offered 1 menu item plus drink at the Marketplace for evening which my wife and I used for salad and burger. HR Indianapolis offered a beverage per person at the bar which we used for wine. HR Jacksonville offered $30 voucher for the Marketplace to use for anything anytime. All were in addition to breakfast at the Starbucks/Marketplace. HR Monterey allowed me to have extra coffee whenever I wanted at the Marketplace in lieu of their previous coffee card after Lounge permanent closure a few years ago, so we would have coffee first thing in the morning, go walk on the beach and then have breakfast.

Last edited by CIT85; Jan 6, 2021 at 8:37 am