FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates New Routes and Changes 2021
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2021, 8:43 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican
A letdown compared to DXB, I probably should have said. I’ll take it over LHR or JFK any
day. The new terminal that QR uses is shiny and new, so that’s in the positive column.

Many staff, though, don’t know what they’re doing and are borderline rude. Especially the locals at immigration. Ive been sent to wrong gates on numerous occasions, simply because someone can’t be bothered to update the board. Signage is chaotic. Duty free is expensive, and if you don’t have status or access to the lounge, so are food and beverages. WiFi is shockingly bad, even in the lounges. The queues are long, and can grind to a standstill for no obvious reason.

DXB handles more passengers, but is more predictable and mature (not without its problems, but you know what you’re getting yourself into with a morning departure).
Sometimes, DOH can be a pleasure. I'm 4 from 4 for not having to re-clear security on a connection. Just off the plane and straight into the departures area and the lounge.

However, if you get sent to re-clear security, it can be a nightmare from what I've heard.

I wonder if the QR lounge in T1 at DXB is "mothballed" or completely gone?