FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2021]
Old Jan 2, 2021, 6:02 am
Dyce

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
I flew today ORD-CHS and had an awesome conversation with a flight attendant who was extremely forthcoming with information...

They no longer have their personal devices and they also no longer get passenger manaifests as they transitioned to the devices.
The PILOTS get a printout of all GS's on board, but no other status

That is why they can't serve alcohol in coach because there is no way to charge for it and that is why 1K and GS can't get snack boxes and drinks because they have no way to verify your status.

Maybe this is old news, but I had no idea all of this "rona" stuff affected so much stuff.
1K and GS pre covid got a free drink and thus wouldn’t be charged. Or they could use the now worthless free drink coupons. Or they could show their MP card on the United App.

I flew last week and the flight attendants definitely knew I was GS without any indication from me. They had the United devices because they processed a future flight credit and had all my info in it (she showed me the screen to ask whether I wanted miles or $$).

think your inside knowledge is mistaken unless there was a change this week. Or/unless the flight attendant was simply stating they don’t have the functionality to charge for drinks which makes sense as they’re not serving any in economy.

A month ago I was in economy and asked waving my free drink coupon and was firmly (but politely) told no!