FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SDC/SDS is useless
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:13 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by qukslvr619
So at checkin, the agent said she was able to put me on the standby list for the earlier flight, but that required her to tag my bag for the earlier flight. So potentially my bag will make it earlier than I will.

I’m not exactly sure what she did that the other agents couldn’t, but I suppose it’s a limitation of Sabre, to be able to just add a standby segment to the itinerary, but the fact that you would have to standby on each segment of an entire itinerary is I’m sorry absurd and every agent seems to have a different answer. On UA it’s simple; if there are open seats in the same class of service and within 24hrs, then they will confirm you and even to that point you can go from a SANIAHSTL to a SANORDSTL or even a SANSFOORDSTL without any issues because the origin and destination are still the same.
By the way, on AA you could also go from SANPHXDFWSTL to SANDFWSTL or SANPHXSTL but you can't do it online. Technically, the policy is against this but when you nicely ask an AA agent at the airport, they would generally help you.

I was able to do this several times pre-COVID but only as stand-by.