FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express companion voucher | master thread
Old Jan 1, 2021, 4:24 am
Bastien003

Programs: BAEC Silver
Good morning all.

i have a question that relates to the following on the wiki:

“If adding the return sector to an existing one-way Amex 241 where the inbound dates were out of range at time of booking, it is now possible to book the flights online as a new one way Avios booking then call BA UK office when open.

Half of the Avios on this new booking will then be refunded to reflect Amex voucher use. The benefit of this is that there is no need to try calling open BA office in the early hours of the morning and the downside is the itinerary will be ticketed as two one way bookings. In addition the Avios balance must be high enough to take a debit of double the required Avios albeit for a relatively short time.”

I have booked the outbound using one voucher and I need to wait a couple of days to book the return as it hasn’t opened yet.

As I have 2 vouchers available to use and not enough Avios for the return, can I book the return using the second voucher, then call BA to merge the outbound and the return.
Will I then get the second voucher back?

thank you.