FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Dec 30, 2020, 3:03 pm
cauchy

Originally Posted by Confus
I think the point is that the service was never reversed, it was carried out according to your instructions at the time, and covers things such as Amadeus re-ticketing fees and the CC agent’s time. As I said though, it can be argued either way, I’m not trying to say either is definitely right.

I suppose an equivalent would be something like an internet connection to a house. There’s a 2-week cooling off period to change your mind, but you still have to pay for any service used up to that point - including the standard £60 (ish) Openreach engineer fee, if you’re going with a provider that doesn’t cover this upfront for you (many do nowadays, but some don’t and never have). You still received the service at the time, even though it later was effectively reversed, so it won’t be refunded.
I don't think analogies are helpful, and the risk is everyone ends up annoyed when arguing over them!

But I would say it's like a broadband supplier charging a contract change fee to upgrade the speed of your internet: and then calling you up a few days later to say the engineer won't be coming to increase your speed, but you'll still have to pay the change fee as the engineer was booked to attend. Tough luck, your internet is still slow.