FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: 2 Pets per passenger?
Thread: Question: 2 Pets per passenger?
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:36 am
JeffYVR

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by 5Miles
The Christmas embargo that lasts until Jan 12th is only for pets in cargo. Pets can travel in the cabin at anytime, as long as maximum pets per flight hasn't been exceeded. The number of pets per flight varies with the aircraft type. I think 2-4 pets per flight.

Also if your move is employment-related, the costs of transporting your cats is a tax-deductible moving expense. This may help offset your costs if you have to take 2 flights or pay for another passenger to accompany the 2nd cat.

Wish I could help, but almost always fly with my small dog in the cabin. Best wishes on your move
Thanks for your insight! Will take note of the possible tax-deductible portion, also did not know about the cargo situation. Perhaps I wasn't clear with the agent and she thought I had wanted them in cargo, I'll call back to see how cabin availability looks.

Originally Posted by EagleBoss
I also happen to be moving, my flight is on January 10th from Ottawa with a layover in Toronto. The only other snag is I'm in Premium Economy, and it seems they don't allow pets, so I'd have change seats. If the date works with you, let me know!
This might be a little bit too early for me but I will get back to you soon! I also would not want to move you from Premium Economy down to Economy just for my sake or the sake of a furry friend.

Originally Posted by onlyairfare
Depending on your time, you might consider renting a car and driving the cats to your destination.

Due to weather conditions, air transport of my dog (too large for under-the-seat) from NC to AZ was not feasible so I scheduled two meetings in NC 3 weeks apart. Flew to NC for first meeting, picked up dog and drove rental car 1,920 miles in 3 days to AZ, three weeks later drove rental car back to NC, turned it in, flew return trip back to AZ.

If the border were open, I'd be happy to fly from YVR (less than an hour form my town) to YYZ and help bring one of your cats back out west. I'm getting my second Covid vaccine on Jan 20 so I will be good for travel soon.

Some years back, I put my two gray cats in one carrier and never told anyone there was more than one cat in there. I don't think one could do that these days.
While I have considered making the drive, I don't believe it's ideal with cats - dogs might be better with it but don't think my cats particularly like being outside a home. Also, as others mentioned I do believe this would end up being quite a bit more expensive than flying the route 2x. Thank you though.