FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: 2 Pets per passenger?
Thread: Question: 2 Pets per passenger?
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:13 am
YOWgary

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by onlyairfare
Depending on your time, you might consider renting a car and driving the cats to your destination.
>$500 for a one-way car rental, 5 nights in hotels, maybe 8 tanks of gas... it'd be cheaper to fly YYZ-YVR-YYZ-YVR, aside from the fact that many people don't consider 50 hours of driving in Canadian winter to be a particularly fun time.

If the border were open, I'd be happy to fly from YVR (less than an hour form my town) to YYZ and help bring one of your cats back out west. I'm getting my second Covid vaccine on Jan 20 so I will be good for travel soon.
On what are you basing your assumption that a COVID vaccine will exempt you from quarantine on entry to Canada, any time in the next several months?

Some years back, I put my two gray cats in one carrier and never told anyone there was more than one cat in there. I don't think one could do that these days.
Aside from the part where this is a godawful way to treat your pets - and the part where it could absolutely get you denied boarding - what do you do when the cats decide they've had enough, and start fighting in the carrier while you're two hours out from landing?