FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Travel Experiences in EU - post January 1st
Old Dec 30, 2020, 7:46 am
Freddorick

Originally Posted by BOH
Thought a thread on this might be useful given our change in EU status and how UK citizens will be treated differently regarding Immigration, EU rules app;lying on UK folks travelling during Covid etc. My daughter is travelling to AMS on Saturday 2nd (back to uni) so will report on her LHR and AMS experiences.

Some of her friends have taken a BA flight back to AMS in the last few days and mentioned many pax being turned away and denied travel on BA (and KLM for that matter) because they arrived with the NHS PCH test results and not a privately paid for one. Is being rigidly enforced apparently. Bizarre that pax are doing this, there has been enough publicity about the NHS ones not being valid!
I had no idea that NHS tests are not valid for travel. I thought you were not supposed to use the NHS service but I didn’t know it was an actual rule. Why would an airline care about where you took the test? It would have never occurred to me to use an NHS test anyway, as they don’t guarantee the turnaround time.

Could it be that they were denied boarding because the tests were too old?