FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Visa spend help
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2020, 5:05 pm
martinplas

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
Maybe I'm overthinking but I find it very difficult to get an affirmative answer from Hyatt and Chase of where I am as far as spending and free nights earned. I'm going to be very close to 50 nights, I see value in spending to get there for the 2 suite upgrades.
My statement date is 23rd so I'm looking at Nov 24-Dec 23 2019 to see how much if any of that "rolled over" into 2020. And to be clear, all my spend that pay period, if earned any night credits, would show on my Hyatt account shortly after the 23rd(usually one or two days after). Is that correct? The problem, though, is if I spent say $6500 that statement period, I'd get 2 nights and $1500 left over. But it's not as simple as that as that same thing happened from the beginning of the year statement period by statement period. So how can I even know how much "rolled over" after the December 23 statement date?

If I spent nothing from Dec 24-31 2019 and then Jan 1-23 spent say $4000 then I'd earn whatever amt night credit for $4000, plus $1500 plus whatever the rolled over amount was from previous Oct 24-Nov 23 period and I'd earn at least 2 nights towards 2020 status, correct?

It's too bad Chase reps have no clue how to truly check this, to simplify it. Any tips on an easy way to figure this out appreciated.
download the Chase App and go to your Hyatt card. Then scroll down until you see the All Transaction link. Once there at the top of the page are two tabs. All transactions and Spending Summary. . Spending Summary may help you