FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - flying + transit in covid times with children
Old Dec 28, 2020, 12:57 pm
Mlee888

Originally Posted by hdejongh
hello,

Im thinking about flying to the Maldives in May (1th-15th) with my family and paying everything with points.
I have been looking at Qatar airlines but they seem to be out of reward tickets for my timeframe which is a petty cause mask are not mandatory in business class.

With Singapore airlines i can book almost everything in business class (expect SIN-MLE)...
I found out that even children older than 6 years need to wear masks.

so i have a couple of questions:

How strict is singapore airlines in business class. If my kids (9-11) are sleeping do they really need to wear a mask?

I have a transit of 5 hours from 05:55 until 11:00. I thought it was a good idea to get some sleep (cause for us it will be the middle of the night).
The Yotelair hotel has a 4 person cabin. But i guess we won't be there for more then 3,5 hours? Does anybody know how fast you can get from the airplane to Yotelair (and is it even possible due to covid?)
Btw this would be my flight plan:

AMS-SIN = businessclass
SIN-MLE = economy (no more businessclass reward space...)

thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions..
You’ll be lucky by then if the Singapore government will have relaxed a lot current rules by then.

SQ will follow the local laws most likely and currently anyone under 6 is the only age gap that no masks are required.

Yotel is in Jewel Changi which is the mall connected to the airport. I don’t think they have one airside. If you need to go thorough immigration then you will need to do a quarantine period for 2 weeks. Plus as a tourist you won’t be permitted to travel into Singapore.

Feel free to book but most likely if permitted to travel, you will need to stay airside and will be chaperoned to where you will need to go for your next flight.

Personally I wouldn’t be booking any holiday at the moment, unless on the pretense it will most likely be cancelled.