FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Globalist via Vegas and Mlife
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2020, 1:51 am
Carolina2Cali

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by gengar
Yes, you'll earn Hyatt points (both redeemable and base points) as well as Mlife tier credits - the likely reason for this discrepancy (vs. other programs/relationships) is that Mlife TCs are only for earning status; they are distinct from redeemable points.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this (that we've been able to figure out). Many FT'ers have reported never getting a single qualifying night for comp nights (I'm in this category, despite several dozen comp stays since the partnership began), others have always gotten them, and even a few have had mixed experiences. I make Globalist off base points anyway, but it's still frustrating because I never hit 100 nights to max out the bonuses.
Your first point makes total sense, tier credits themselves are directly valueless, and to be honest, most of MLife's tiers are too. That seems why you could earn both I suppose Caesar tier credits are better or actually have some sense of intrinsic value, or they did but are losing steam, but their properties, not so much.

Second point, do you have your account number in your MLife profile, or do you provide it to the person at the desk upon check in? Have you already done a comparison with others on all possibilities and are all truly at a loss? What has Hyatt said when you called? Were they truly 100 percent comped or did you ever book slightly above comp for a few bucks and see what happened?

Lastly, is Gengar a Pokemon reference?