FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus in Sweden
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2020, 8:02 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nacho
I did see a police car stopped some MENA background people in a car before the entrance gate at the above ground level at Emporia once. There are some "ordningsvakt" in the mall - I have seen one checking someone's shopping bag (young male group) and one said he just bought the pizza and couldn't show his receipt.

The restriction is just ridiculous - why can't they let spouses of Swedish citizens in? I really don't get this. Sweden is telling Danes not to come to Sweden to spend $ - basically they are responding to the requests from some people in Skane to look like as if they care.
There has been a major change in public transit connectivity from the poor neighborhood of Rosengard to Svagertorp and Hyllie, something that coincidentally took place during this pandemic: that big change being the commuter train station opening at Rosengard. The station opening in Rosengard has made the journey from Rosengard to Svagertorp and Hyllie using public transit much faster than used to be the case pre-pandemic, as it's something like 10 minutes now for a journey that used to be closer to 30+ minutes each way at the start of the year.

Due to the pandemic, ticket checking on public transit is not all that it used to be. Especially for people who realized the pattern about RFID Skanetrafiken cards not being scanned by the conductors even as people nearby with mobile phone tickets get them scanned by the conductors/ticket checkers. And with just a ten minute ride, the chances of having a ticket checked are much lower than would be the case for a longer public transit journey. And this is even more true during the pandemic than it was pre-pandemic.