FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus in Sweden
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2020, 7:13 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Given the likelihood of MENA people in Malmo living in more densely packed accommodations than average, I have no doubt that the young males of those backgrounds living in those accommodations are way more likely than most others in Malmo to want to seek an escape in the malls at this time of the year. The Emporia mall is quite interesting nowadays in that regard. Ordinarily most people associate malls with disproportionately higher female traffic and that is almost true during most normal years at that mall. However in recent weeks, it remains disproportionately more women working in the malls but disproportionately more groups of males hanging out. But that is for more recent weeks.
Yeah, saw quite a few male in the mall with MENA background and I did see security guard grabbed a few of them too. I noticed something really weird: there's a guard standing by the trolleys facing the exit gate (level 2) peeping at cars leaving the mall. I have seen that several times now, I guess they are trying to catch shoplifters trying to escape by car or attempting to run through the gate to avoid parking fee

Emporia is a perfect hang out place: it's right by a train station and with great bus connections. It's the "newest" proper mall in Malmo (unless you count Entre) that has a very nice ICA and Willys that fit all income groups. Emporia has more shops than Mobilia and everything is under one roof (Mobilia is kind of chopped up into sections which is not exactly nice when it's windy and rainy outside). There are tons of toilets and benches to sit and even the cleaning staff are making use of the benches (they have them inside lady's rooms) to chat instead of doing their work.

The Swedish travel ban from Denmark is simply insane, giving a 7 hours notice (they finished saying the things about it at around 17.00 and took effect at midnight). It's simply crazy, what about a Swede bringing his/her foreign spouse and children from Asia/US etc. and fly into CPH? If they are on a long haul flight they would have been on board before the ban announced and ended up at CPH after it has taken effect. I saw a French/Swedish family on Sydsvenskan that the father who is not a Swedish citizen had to go back to Denmark - even though they have just landed. I think the father had to fly down to Germany and then into a Swedish airport - it's crazy.